Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Meeting Big Brother

The story of meeting my little brother...told by Mommy.
When Ben walked into the hospital room, I think he was a little nervous to see me sitting in a hospital bed. But he came over and climbed right up into my lap and hugged and loved on my neck. I told him that Daddy had his new little brother Jack. He looked over at Daddy in the chairs and said "Wow!" He climbed out of my lap and and went over to daddy and touched baby Jack's head and said "I have waited a long time to see you baby Jack." It broke my heart how sweet he was and so caring of his little brother. After seeing baby Jack with Daddy for a little bit, he climbed back into my lap and looked at my tummy and asked if I had another baby in my tummy. Nice.
He has been so wonderful with Jack and very thoughtful and understanding of all the stuff Mommy and Daddy have to do to take care of a little baby. We have had our moments, but for the most part big brother is adjusting and loves having another little person in our house. He keeps talking about being excited to tackle Jack in the bouncer one day "when he is a little bigger." Jack has a lot of growing to do in order to hold his own one day with Ben. I am sure he will be just fine.





0 comments: