Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Blogging with OCD

I don't know what it is about having a two (almost two and a half) year old that has caused my sometimes contained OCD to surface repeatedly lately. Because of the mass amount of "stuff" that a two year old boy requires, collects, plays with, destroys, brings home from school, so on... our house has become one giant cluttered wreck. I can't blame Ben entirely, we (momma and dada) have a ton of "stuff" too that probably needs to find a new home. I think I am ready to trade in my decorative nick-nacks, reuse my old photo frames that are taking up valuable closet space, and clear out the mess. I am in desperate need of at least a few surfaces in our home that are clear (and easy to dust). I am also in desperate need of the discipline it will take to keep putting things back where it belongs, once I have created a home for everything.

If anyone has ideas for what to do with weekly artwork that comes home from school...I am listening! I am sure that won't let up any time soon!

PS - Don't get me started on the dog hair issue in our home (worse than the clutter).

2 comments:

Tracy and Courtney Thatcher said...

Let us know if you come up with any good solutions - I am amazed at how much clutter and laundry an infant creates - guess we have many more years of clutter to look forward to!

Byman said...

Please let me know if you have any break throughs. I've been throwing fits about this for weeks. There is only so much I can throw away without feeling guilty!